Wednesday, May 18, 2011

may the odds be ever in your favor

If you haven't read The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins, then I think you should drop everything (let's be real...it's summer) and buy it, download it, or check it out from the library!  I promise you'll be so engrossed that you will finish it really quickly.  I didn't even get a chance to change the "On My Nightstand" section of my blog before I was done.  And it helped that I was reading on my new Kindle that my parents got me for my birthday.  I absolutely love it because I can tuck it in my purse and read whenever I get a spare minute, and I can easily read on the elliptical (sans reading rack that the Boat Club gym does not supply) so I don't have to hold my book instead of the handles.  Plus, The Hunger Games was only $5 to download!  I already started the second book of the trilogy, Catching Fire, so that will probably occupy me for the next couple of days.  If you're not convinced yet, Louisville native Jennifer Lawrence plays Katniss, the protagonist, in the movie version coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment